This year’s Copenhagen Jazz Festival will provide several opportunities of hearing the Søren Gemmer Quartet as well as the other groups SG will work with.
Apart from the Quartet line-up, the festival also see a special Quartet feat. Mads La Cour, the trumpet player and composer extraordinaire, equally acknowledged for his work as band leader and as a member of the Danish Radio Big Band.
A decent collection of concerts will be played by Reverse, the modern jazz group lead by drummer/composer Terkel Nørgaard, and the Gemmer/Estola Quartet feat. Aske Drasbæk will play a single concert as a warm-up for upcoming shows at Oulu Jazz Festival in Finland.
CPH JAZZFESTIVAL 2013 – Concert Calendar for Søren Gemmer:
3. juli 2013, 22.00: PH Caféen – trio med Dall Mikkelsen
5. juli 2013, 18.00: KafCaféen, Skindergade – Søren Gemmer Trio
5. juli 2013, 21.00: Studenterhuset, Købmagergade – Reverse
7. juli 2013, 16.00: Harbo Bar – med Reverse
8. juli 2013, 14.00: Mellemrummet, Ravnsborggade – Gemmer/Estola Quartet
8. juli 2013, 19.30: PH Caféen, Halmtorvet – Reverse